Dr. Eugene Clark Library

Loading palette preview Loading

Irving Club

The Irving club is the second oldest Women's Federated Club in the State of Texas and was founded in 1886, naming themselves for the noted author Washington Irving. In 1897 they joined the newly formed Texas Federation of Women's Clubs. The Irving Club held its first meeting in the new meeting room on February 20, 1900 and the original furnishings are in the room today.

Irving Club